Monday, May 31, 2021

Hard to breathe

Oh this man. 

This man who stands before me 

smiling. 


This force working on me.  


When his knee leans

on my knee, we blush. 

His knee admits what 

he is thinking 

and my breath 

is my confession.  


Our pulse no longer

under our control.  


Now I know his secret 

and he knows mine.  


The problem is:

I have a man 

and he has a wife. 


We are just  magnetic poles

standing much too close. 


His north pulls hard on my south.  

The field between us 

gaining power. 


We cannot be judged.  

What is happening is simple physics.   


Invisible forces circling 

the center of our beings.  


I will pull us apart. 

I will pull     pull      pull      

us far apart.  

I will defy the laws 

of Nature. 




No comments:

Post a Comment