Tuesday, April 2, 2024

His chest

My love’s strong chest, feels to me

a meadow  

      when I lay down beside him, 

      when my cheek rests on that firm terrain, 


a chest square and hard, 

and I feel the square hardness 

      and the tickle of hairs, a soft grass 

      starting from his neck down to his navel, 



trailing even lower, 

also a few spirals circle his nipples. 

     The power of this hair: My heart swells and splits.  

     That wonderful hair, the source of his energy. 


Each curled strand lines up into a chain 

of strands and passes its excitement one to the other right into my skin, 

     right into me. 

      Against this joy I lay and go slack


as a deer looking up

and seeing no danger, returns to

     Her quiet nibbling.  

No comments:

Post a Comment